Happy belated New Years! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday with their friends and family. I had a wonderful time! This was my first Christmas on Etsy and I’m so happy that it went off without a hitch. So, last year I made some pretty hefty duty goals for myself and my shop…and I managed to hit almost all of them! Let’s review…
- Hit 50 sales, CHECK! I somehow managed to hit 55 by the end of the year.
- Hit 1k followers on Twitter, CHECK! I’m sitting at just over 1,150 at the moment.
- Hit 100 items in my shop SWING, and a miss! I ended the year at 42… but, worked my butt off this first week of January and I’m up to 67 – I can and will do this!
- Have 200 “likes” on my FB page, MISS! I’m at 167, but hey… there’s always this year!
- Lose 25 pounds, BIG CHECK! Sooooo happy about this one! I’ve lost 39 so far 🙂
- Think positive. Turn negatives into learning experiences. I think I did this one, I sure tried!
I’m really happy with myself and my business, even though I didn’t meet all the goals I set, that’s OK. Setting goals isn’t about meeting them all in a set amount of time, it’s about challenging yourself to keep moving forward and not stay in the same place and I did that! This year is going to be my year, if I have to claw, crawl and tear my way into what I want, it’s going to happen! One of the best things to come out of last year is my confidence in myself. I know that if I try my hardest I will accomplish the things I want to do. So, that means more goals! I’m going to keep stretching my arms and reaching for the stars. Here’s this years goals, and since I’m a hippie, I’m recycling last years too. 🙂
- Hit 250 likes by summer
- Have 100 sales by the end of the year
- Have 2k twitter followers by the end of the year
- Have 100 items in my shop (this one is a toughie)
- Lose 50 pounds by Valentines Day (11 pounds to go!)
- Put my good intentions into great actions.
- Give more. Be more. Enjoy more.
I spent the end of the year this year donating a ton of handmade scarves, gloves, hats, etc to a local homeless shelter. I woke up one extremely cold Florida morning and had my coffee outside while feeding my little stray cat Clover, and was FREEZING. I had on my fingerless gloves I made for myself, and a hat I got from a good friend and that helped, but I was still very glad to go back inside and get warm. As soon as I walked through my door and the heat hit me, something else hit me too. “Some people don’t have homes to go back into and get warm.” My smile instantly returned because I know someone who can help keep people warm… ME! I rounded up a ton of stuff that I had initially intended on putting in my shop (some I took the listings down for) and called a few places to find a shelter nearby. It felt SO great to be able to do something so small that would make a difference. No, I didn’t save any lives or change anyone’s life, but maybe just maybe I changed someone’s minute or day. That’s what it’s about. Whoever got those items got a card from me tucked in each one that says “Smile, someone cares about you.” and I do. I’ll never meet them or know them, but I hope all of people that received some of my items had warm hands and warm hearts, at least for awhile. So that’s a big goal of mine this year, I’m going to make it a point to put aside some of what I make to sell, and I’m going to donate it instead. This is going to be an annual thing I do for my shop and personally, my Christmas with a Cause. 🙂 I’m a firm believer that if you put good out into the world, that’s what you get back in return and what you feel inside yourself. So that’s my main goal for the year, put some good in the world. Whether it’s donating things or money, or just donating smiles. Every bit counts! 2013 is going to be a great year, and I hope it’s a great one for YOU too!
X’s and O’s,